Your home is a place where you should feel safe and relaxed at all times. Nothing should threaten this peace by targeting either you or your belongings, which is why security measures are put in place. Home security is a sensitive matter, and there is a lot to consider in order for it to be effective. Smart security has made it much easier to protect your home, as long as you know how to properly implement it.
Smart security gadgets are capable of protecting your home in many ways. Monitoring, alarms and system updates are all part of a smart security system, which makes it thorough and reliable. The question is, which gadgets would be most beneficial for you. With a reliable internet connection and basic understanding of the workings of your home, you can have a set of smart gadgets which perfectly fit your home. For the former, Google Nest Wi-Fi may be a good option.
Google Nest Protect (Wired/Battery)
Understandably, it is easier for your home to be harmed from within than through external sources. This is because burglaries or weather damage can, to a certain extent, be prevented; however, when it comes to things such as fire hazards or electrical disasters inside your home, there is little chance of survival – especially if no precautions are taken to avoid excessive damage beforehand.
A fully functioning home generally has a few different potential fire sources. The electrical system, candles or even a kitchen fire can spread way too quickly. By the time you smell the smoke, the damage may be too out-of-hand. To avoid the evacuation of your home and the loss of your most precious belongings, it is important to put measures in place which will keep matters from getting to this point.
The following are some of the main features of this gadget to help you understand its role in your home.
- A smoke detector is the perfect solution to in-home fires. This gadget can let you know when even the slightest bit of smoke is detected in your home.
- You will be alerted through an app in your phone for maximum convenience.
- Control through your phone rather than having to manually disable the device in case of a false alarm.
- The gadget shows a green light telling you it’s working properly. This can give homeowners peace of mind.
- CO is invisible, and this detector can sense this lethal gas with ease.
Google Nest Cam
Security cameras may be considered the holy grail of smart security. It is the most basic security gadget you can get for your home, and for a lot of people, it’s all they need. Smart security cameras are an excellent way to keep a constant eye on your home. Regardless of where they are installed, you can easily access the 24-hour live footage through the corresponding smartphone app. This can be done from any room in the home, as long as the connection is strong enough.
Security cameras are a good way to start out with smart security. They are portable, convenient and give you a clear idea of the activity around your home. You can install them anywhere. The following are some features of the Google Nest Cam which may be beneficial to you.
- This camera can, to a certain extent, differentiate between the subjects of the footage. It knows the difference between people, animals and objects, which can reduce false alarms.
- It is designed to fit anywhere. This camera can easily be mounted on any wall in your home, and the angle can be adjusted perfectly for the most ideal view.
- The Google Nest Cam with Floodlight is another version of this gadget with floodlights installed on either side of the camera, and it further improves visibility and surveillance around your home.
- Video history allows you to go back and see up to 3 hours of free recorded footage. With the Nest Aware subscription, this can be extended up to 60 days.
- This gadget is extremely easy to set up, which means no professional installation is required.
Google Nest Doorbell
A video doorbell is one of the most effective gadgets for surveillance. It lets you see the activity outside your front door and control it remotely, eradicating the need for face-to-face communication with strangers. This gadget has some very useful features which can strengthen your home’s security, and they are as follows.
- Receive good-quality images of whatever is happening at your front door, regardless of the time of day.
- It can detect a person and notify you when they visit, even if they haven’t rung the bell yet.
- You can easily see a person from head to toe, which means you won’t miss it if someone has brought a package over.
- The doorbell can record up to 3 hours of video dotage for you to view later so that you don’t miss anything.
Smart security can be relied on when it comes to protecting your belongings. It is a way to strengthen your home’s defenses against not only external threats but internal ones as well. From electrical disasters to burglaries, there is a wide range of things that can harm your home and everything within it. Fortunately, this set of smart security gadgets should be an appropriate selection for most homes, regardless of their make, size or location.